Pages

Tuesday 7 May 2013

My Holiday Recount


In the holidays,I went to church.Not just any church,a church which just happens once a year and its called ‘Fakame’ (A White Sunday when the kids say their memory verse).It was really fun.I felt comfortable and wavering at the same time.I was in Class 4.The number got higher from 1 to 3.Seeing kids crying when saying their memory verse got me SO nervous I was going to faint.

“Class 4” the chairman said.The first person said there verse,he read it fast he got a mistake,missing out lines and names,but the faster he said it,the faster it’s going to be my turn.When he was finished,all was silence,just silence.All of a sudden “Lisiate” I was so nervous,my heart pounding so fast it was faster than a professional drummer,I think.I walked up walking to the mic picking it up and I looked at everyone.I looked at them and they looked at me,my brain telling me to say it.I took a big breathe and read it.“Here it goes” I whispered to myself.

I read my verse and looking at everyone.I try to hold my tears,but my tears trying to break out just like prisoners trying to break out.I looked at the ground and my tears retreating back to where it belongs.I read nervously and I felt calm reading my verse.I tried to read fast but I couldn’t,maybe I wasn't made to speak fast,I think.I was finished and silence for a second and them “Malo” people thanking me and I was really proud of myself.After that,the children had a big feast and it was delicious.Too bad it only happens once a year.I can’t wait until next year.I wonder what class am I going to next.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.