Pages

Monday 20 August 2012

My Game Experience



My Game Experience
WOOHOO!!
Every Summer Saturday morning,I set off with my team to the Baseball game.But the only problem is that I get nervous,like really nervous.My heart pounds so fast, my body shaking and hungry for the trophy.
I play for Pakuranga Diamond Blacks.

We all got off the bus and started setting up the bases,the bat,helmets,the gloves and the baseballs.The others jogged around the field and I joined them.

Suddenly we saw a blue coloured team jogging behind us That was our rival team called Centrals.

It was 9:00am. Our Coach Kevin shouted,“Guys come and get your gloves on.We are fielding!!”.
We ran as fast as we could to the tarpaulin and grabbed our gloves. Kevin chose nine fielders to go to their positions.I could tell that some of my team already knew that they’re going to be chosen.I got chosen last, that means I was going to be on base 3.

All of a sudden I heard,“BATTER UP!!”.One of the Central team  was batting.We were ready.
WHACK!!! the ball went high and came down fast to where I was standing.I walked three steps backwards and caught the ball.The umpire shouted,“YOU'RE OUT!!”
My team cheered at me and I was very excited.

It was half time.The Centrals were fielding and we were batting andI was first.I was really nervous, like someone was holding a gun to my head.Central number 8 was pitching and he threw so fast that I had to hit the ball.SMASH!!The ball went as far as possible,and I knew that I was going to run all three bases.I ran Base 1,Base 2,Base 3 and I did a slide to Home Base and the umpire shouted,“ONE point for Diamond Blacks”My Team.
My Parents cheered at me.

The game was finished and we celebrated at headquarters.Our coach took out a trophy and said,“The player of the day is Keaton because of his good behavior and impressive sportsmanship”I was disappointed that I didn’t win,because I thought I was the player of the day.

Well  then Zaid’s mum came with delicious marshmallow coated rice bubbles.They were delicious.They tasted like the real marshmallow rice bubbles,but strawberry bubblegum flavour.
My friend Lachlan called out to me,“Lisi!!It’s time to go!!”I set up my equipment and got ready to go home.I said a big goodbye to everyone and walked happily to the van.
I got on and felt really happy and they dropped me at home.I shouted,“BYE!!”to Lachlan and his dad.
He replied back ,“BYE!”
That was the best game that I ever played.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.